Assigning your position on the lease is a pretty common situation for many residents, and we have a process to account for it. In general, we do not provide tours for assignments. It is your responsibility to find an assignment for your spot on the lease. Please also note that all new residents must have a co-signer.
Here are the 5 steps you must complete to assign your spot to another resident:
- Please email us the new resident and cosigner's names alongside both of their emails. We will not process your assignment until we receive both their names and both emails.
- Once we receive the resident AND COSIGNER information, we will send the new resident a rental application via email.
- As per the lease, there is a $300 assignment fee that may be paid using your Appfolio Online Resident Portal. This assignment fee will post to your portal once we receive the rental application. Anyone in your group, or the new resident, can pay the assignment fee.
- After the application has been filled out and all fees have been paid, we will email the assignment addendum to all parties who must esign it, which includes both you and the new resident, all roommates, and all cosigners. Your lease addendum will then be posted in your online resident portal. Please note that your spot on the lease is NOT assigned until all parties have esigned the lease addendum. It is your responsibility (as the resident moving out!) to ensure the addendum is signed to completion by everyone. If a resident moves in and / or you move out before the lease addendum is completed, you will be in a lease violation which can accrue serious and long-term penalties.
- Once you have electronically completed everything, your spot is officially assigned to the new resident! Congrats and good luck on all your future endeavors!