Fire Safety Best Practices
• Never remove batteries or disable the alarm. If a smoke detector needs a new battery please let us know and we will replace it.
• Learn about your home's fire escape plan (on the refrigerator) and practice it.
• If your smoke detector alarm goes off, get out of the building quickly and stay out.
• Stay in the kitchen when cooking. Cook only when you are alert and not sleepy, drowsy from medicine or alcohol.
• If you have to discharge a fire extinguisher use the PASS method: Pull the pin, Aim, Squeeze, and Sweep. This will allow you to discharge the extinguisher. If you aim at the flames (which is frequently the temptation), the extinguishing agent will fly right through and do no good.
• Fireworks are prohibited.
• Always sleep with your bedroom door closed.
• All of our homes are equipped with Fire Escape Ladders in each bedroom above ground level. To learn more about this please see below.