Welcome to Venice Properties!
We believe that WHO you rent from is even more important than WHERE you live! While an OUTSTANDING resident will appreciate a beautiful amenity for a few weeks, EVERY resident will remember an outstanding service experience for years. Because this is true, we believe that simply seeing through every living experience promise we make is maybe the most important thing we ever do. As a growing rental property community in central Ohio, here is just a little bit about us that we hope is special...
Why Venice Properties?
Our commitment to providing the best living experience possible begins with beautiful homes. Our hope is that you will see the setup of any home we own, and become immediately impressed with what you see. We have extensively remodeled and updated almost every property to create a living experience that goes far beyond expectations. Many of our homes have unique landscaping features, hardwood flooring and trim, custom tile in our bathrooms, and even granite counter tops in most of our kitchens! Our hope is that you will be proud of where you live while you enjoy your home!
Our commitment to service means we respond to nearly every maintenance request within 24 hours! (We will respond much sooner if it is an emergency). We truly care for our residents and this is tangibly and intangibly demonstrated through what we say and do. Our team's reputation has helped us earn very favorable reviews by our residents for years, and you can click on any of the icons on the bottom of this page to review them.
Nothing is more important to us than your safety. We want you to feel safe from the moment you move in, and so all of our campus homes come with these safety features: dusk-to-dawn LED security lights all around the exterior (deters prowlers), fire extinguishers and carbon monoxide detectors on every floor, fire escape ladders in all 2nd and 3rd floor bedrooms, smoke detectors in all bedrooms and outside of all sleeping areas, deadbolts and security alarms on all exterior doors, and individual door locks on all bedroom doors. We even encourage our Venice Properties Parents to stay at our OSU Scarlet and Gray Manor or Spacious Sanctuary Airbnb locations to visit campus and see our safety features for themselves! We also offer a safety walk through of your home every other month where we replace the furnace filter, inspect your smoke detectors and fire extinguishers, and ensure that everyone is using the home in a safe manner. Sometimes we may find problems before you do! Finally, for years we have been enrolled in the OSU Off Campus Housing Excellence Program to invite the Columbus Fire Department to thoroughly inspect all of our homes for safety, security, and sustainability… and we have received a perfect score on every single inspected home!
- "Best landlord that I've had. Everything in the house seemed to be up to code, which is rare on campus. All needed maintenance was taken care of quickly."
- "Maintenance requests are fixed right away-I am impressed with your level of service!"
- "First of all, my husband and I want to thank you for your promptness on all of the maintenance requests we've asked be performed. We as parents, worry about our daughter and it's a difficult transition to say the least."
- "Venice has been great to rent from and the maintenance service has been timely and top-notch!"
- "Venice is a great company, haven't had any problems with them. They are super helpful and respond to maintenance requests usually the same day you report it. If you want a quality landlord in the Columbus area, they are the company you want."
- "It is amazing to know we have a landlord who cares so much!"
- "Your promptness with the maintenance and cleaning is extremely impressive and we appreciate it very much."
- "This is our son's third year in a rental property and we've never had one of his properties inspected, to our knowledge. I want to thank you for making sure that our kids are safe!"
- "I’d like to give you all a big thank you for a great year. Overall we loved the house, your service, and how accessible you’ve been."
- "I really like how quickly we get responses and how personable they are."
- "I like that your company is very prompt with responding to texts/emails and do what you can to alleviate problems as efficiently as possible. In addition, I like that you really care for your residents' safety (such as the safety alarm on all the doors to enter the house) and that you welcomed us with a goodies/essentials basket and edible arrangement."
- "We would like to thank Venice for being so reliable and friendly throughout our three years with you."
- "I want to say thank you for an awesome experience last year! You guys are a fantastic renting option for students."
- "Moving into an off-campus home on our own was pretty daunting for us, but Venice Properties was so genuine and helpful throughout the entire leasing process. Living with them now, they are incredibly responsive to any issues that may come up. I would definitely recommend Venice Properties to anyone looking to rent! Great experience with them overall!"
- "I love living with Venice Properties. They are very well prepared, and VERY reasonable. The owner, house representative, and maintenance technician are honestly some of the nicest people you could meet while renting a living space."
- "Great people and great properties. They take pride in making sure their tenants are 100% happy with their housing experience. All maintenance requests are handle quickly and well."
- "I suspect that having reliable systems, good values, and a high performing team have been central to both your success as a company and to the comfort we have experienced this year. Thank you and kudos."
- "Brian is simply wonderful. He is always professional and kind. His personality screams "Kind sweater Dad", which is a compliment. Communication is always strong. In addition, the level of attention and care you give to your properties is unparalleled. It makes your properties feel like homes."
- "Hey Brian and Nick,I just wanted to say thank you so much for all you have done for me. It does not go unnoticed! I wish you both nothing but blessings. Your team is amazing! I will definitely stay in touch."
- "It is nice to know that the company we choose to lease from actually cares about its tenants and their view on things!"
- "Venice Properties does a wonderful job of helping us fix up the little things we need to get taken care of. I am very thankful for having such a reliable landlord."
- "The move in process was quick and easy. The house was clean and looked great. The staff member that helped was very helpful and answered all of our questions. I can't really think of anything that could have made it any better."
- "The maintenance is great and we are always very happy after they come to fix things."
- "My son and his friends have rented a house from Venice Properties for the past school year. We have had nothing but a positive experience with this company and with Nick. Nick is a very caring and present landlord. He responds quickly to any concerns or needs that his tenants have and he goes above and beyond to make sure parents and students are comfortable with their rental situation."
- "The fact that maintenance is done the day after a request is made is absurd. Not in a bad way, in a "I'm so dumbfounded that this can even occur on a college campus type-of-way!"
- "I like how you respond quickly, be it a text or a maintenance request. I think that you guys really do get to know us (mostly through Brian) and want us to stick with you and have an enjoyable experience."
- "Leasing process was very easy. My house was pretty much spotless. Service here is great! My housing coordinator is very responsive and helps with anything I need."
- "Like the hospitality. You guys really know how to make a resident feel welcomed!"
- "I am very impressed with the personal relationships that you can build with employees like Brian who convey great people skills, reliable information, and tremendous work ethic. Also, unlike other leasing companies, in which some minor mistakes can beset working relationships between the company and tenants permanently, Venice properties is quick to take fault and handle mistakes quickly and smoothly."
- "Venice Properties and all their staff have been so helpful and courteous to my roommates and I. They are very easily accessible and always reply to us in a surprisingly short time (often within minutes). From the day we first toured the house, they have been very professional, honest, and helpful. They are also extremely well organized especially with maintenance, and have been proactive about fixing things that were not yet broken. Overall, we have had such a great experience with Venice and I highly recommend them to anyone moving off campus!"
- "During college alone I have rented 5 separate houses/apartments and therefore dealt with 5 different property management companies and 5 different maintenance crews. As you may suspect, none of them were too positive. I have found maintenance quality and responsiveness to be the undervalued linchpin of both reputation (for the company) and a truly comfortable living experience (for the tenant). My experiences- as well as conversations with family and friends- motivate me to send a big "thank you” for your responsiveness thus far."
- "Brian has always been very friendly, informative, and easy to talk to. Maintenance requests are easy to make and are always taken care of in a timely fashion."
- "I appreciate and sincerely thank you all for your quick action on the matter and for following up with us; like everything else you do, it is truly commendable for a campus property company to react as quickly as you all did to fix the problem."
- "The house was very clean upon my arrival. I was impressed and would like to thank you. The move in process was not difficult and Nick was very nice and made it easy to move in and be excited. I think the process was painless and quick. As the other girls started to move in they (and their parents) were also impressed with the condition of the house."
- "You have been a good landlord to us for our entire stay here and we are very happy with all you have done for us!"
- "First of all we really liked our home and the move-in appointment was great. Also, thanks for the gifts! they were very nice too. The house is in good condition and I'm really glad to be in a house like this."
- "My roommates and I are floored by your responsiveness and willingness to help."
- "Relative to other landlords in the area, it's not even close, Venice provides the best service period. Although some of your rules for the houses are on the stricter side, it is obvious that they are in place because you care about the houses being in tip-top shape for students that actually care about the condition of the home they are living in."
- "I just wanted to say that I'm really glad you guys are taking so much responsibility on the high water bill and working so hard on improving the situation. Thank you so much, you have definitely been the best landlord yet."
- "Response to maintenance requests has been amazing, responses were quick and the work done was done really well"
- "The move in was great and Brian was around to check in during the move-in process. You have also been very helpful and responsive this past week."
- "Thanks Nick for your firm's professionalism. My son is one of your tenants and my second college student I've moved into off campus housing. My experiences were night and day. We're out of state so I especially appreciate your communicating in such detail. It helps relieve some of my stress as a parent of a student living a distance away. And it's a relief for both my son and me not to have to rely solely on him for the details :)"
- "Thank you very much! You guys were a great company to have. Definitely the best I've had here at OSU! "
- "My roommates and I just renewed for a second year with Venice. We choose to stay for a plethora of reasons. The first is the incredible service you receive. It is a small team of people so if there is ever any issues or questions you have they are easy to get in touch with. The second is the commitment that they have to making their properties homes. It is obvious that they put a lot of time and energy into maintaining their properties. This also includes the extensive lengths they go to in order to install plenty of safety features to put both resident's and their parent's minds at ease. Genuinely, they have made our off campus experience wonderful. You won't regret renting with Venice."
- "We really wanted to find a house that would be our home for the two remaining years at OSU and Venice Properties was an excellent fit. They really care about your experience (since it is people's first renting experience most of the time) and your safety. I really would recommend them to all students!"
- "Given the (sometimes well deserved) stigma around maintenance workers for property management companies, I find Eric’s genuine concern for our well-being to be refreshing. Being boots on the ground for all issues, I’m sure he deals with the brunt of angry college students (these kids can be mean sometimes!) and rarely receives gratitude. Especially in light of the recent late nights he’s spent fixing our furnace, he has never treated us as a burden/ceased to be friendly."
- "Brian checks in with us from time to time and is always polite and respectful."